How does our solar watches work?
Our watches have a solar cell underneath the dial to convert any form of light into '' electrical energy'' and store the power in a secondary battery. On a single charge the battery will last 6 months.
2. Cut down on battery replacements
Unlike conventional quartz watches, our solar watches do not use a silver oxide battery, thus eliminating the need for regular battery replacement.
3. You can use the dial which light transmittance is more than 30% It is possible to assemble the dial which transmits light on the solar cell. It enabled to cover the solar cell color, and you can design variety colors of dials.
4. Running time Expected running time from full charge to stoppage will be around 6 months.
5. Power depletion warning function The two-second intervals movement of the second hand is a signal of energy depletion. The watch continuous running time after two-second intervals movement is 1 day.
6. Quick start function This watch has a ''Quick start function''. It start running within a few seconds after exposure to a light more than 1000Lx. (Fluorescent lamp 30W/ 70cm)
7. Over charge prevent function is equipped
8. Structure of the separated parts If the secondary battery is charged more than predetermined voltage, over charge prevent function is operated to prevent the secondary battery deterioration and breakage. This watch is a solar-powered watch containing a solar cell underneath the dial to convert any form of light into '' electrical energy'' and store the power in a secondary battery. Cal. VS37A Features 24/Apr./'15 Rev. : 02 Unlike conventional quartz watches, this watch does not use a silver oxide battery, thus eliminating the need for battery replacement. Solar cell unit Solar cell lead terminal Movement Dial washer Hand setting stem